Ocean, lakes, rivers, and pools can be very damaging to your swimwear, but with a little bit of care, you can keep your swimsuit in pristine condition, for many seasons to come.
- Start with a high quality swimsuit, like one by Makani Dream Swimwear. We use high quality materials that are meant to withstand harsh chemicals and salt.
- Apply sunscreen prior to putting on your suit. Some sunscreens contain strong chemicals, which can stain and degrade your swimsuit.
- Do not sit or lean on any rough surfaces. Cement, and even the grout in-between tiles, can destroy a beloved swimsuit in only one sitting.
- Rinse your swimsuit immediately after changing to get rid of any sand, chemicals, dirt or oils you may have picked up during your fabulous day.
- Hand wash your swimsuit in mild liquid detergent, or if you have, a soap made especially for swimwear. Rinse with cold water, and gently squeeze your suit, being careful not to twist.
- Avoid the washing machine if you can, or if you really feel it is needed, limit it to once a season.
- Hang or lay your swimsuit on a drying rack- in the shade! Sun can also destroy your swimsuit in only one day; some places really are that hot! Make sure it is completely dry before your put it away.
- Never leave your suit in a bag for an extended period of time, or it will start to grow mildew, and get stinky.
- Have multiple suits so you can be sure to properly care for each suit after your use it. Plus, nobody likes wearing a wet swimsuit!
- Most of all have fun, and enjoy!
Find your perfect swimsuit at http://www.makanidreamswimwear.com !!